This training programme teaches the thinking skills central to decision making, problem solving, leadership and governance at a collective and individual level.
These thinking skills impact personal responsibility and promote the sense of being able to determine one’s destiny, individually and collectively.
It is in the interest of all people and all sectors of society – employers, employees, the partly employed, the unemployed, the marginalised and vulnerable.
By the end of this half day workshop delegates will be able to apply the following essential thinking skills in all areas of life:
- The Power of Choice - Understanding its philosophic foundation of Free Will, creativity and the ability to shape one’s own destiny. This first principle of individual thought has enormous consequences for workplaces and society in general.
- Personal responsibility – Adulthood is all about decision making, knowing how best to correct mistakes and solve problems.
- Economic responsibility – Employers and employees consider the thinking skills that produce win-win relationships to ensure the economic viability of our region.
- Civic responsibility – We brainstorms what is needed to create a future we all want to be part of.
- Toward nation building – We consider ways to put these principles into practice in the service of healing our nation and building a prosperous future.
Duration: 4 hours, negotiable
Venue: on site or another venue of your choice or at our training venue in Walmer
Cost: To be announced
SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP - Our Commitment
For every programme presented to a paying client, a programme will be made available free of charge to leaders of communities and organizations unable to pay for their own training and development. Businesses will receive written confirmation and supporting documentation to be used as support for their SED claims on the B-BBEE Scorecard.
We thus aim to reach:
- Economically active persons, irrespective of the level, from CEO to shop floor operator and administrative clerk, knowing that they will see a return on this investment.
- Community leaders in disadvantaged and low income areas committed to improving the lives of the people they serve. Post graduate students and unemployed graduates may also be trained in the art of facilitation, going on to become community workers themselves.
We believe the leaders of these two sectors of society greatly influence the well-being of our nation.
Delegates become agents of Social Change advocating conscious choice. They understand that the right to individual freedom goes hand in hand with personal and collective responsibility.